Frequently Asked Questions
– Time of arrival. Check in times are preferably between 17.00 and 19.00. By prior arrangement you luggage can be delivered in advance If you are going to arrive after 19.00 please try to give us some notice. When you have checked in you can come and go as you please. If you come in late we ask you to respect your fellow guests.
– Departure time. We would like it to be by 11.00.
– Which care products are there in my room?
We try to limit our waste as much as possible. Therefore we’ve foreseen biodegradable hair and shower gel in refillable bottles. Every room has its own hairdryer and shaving mirror. If you wish, we can supply dental and shaving equipment.
– Can we pay with bank or credit card?
We are only a small bed and breakfast and don’t have electronic paying facilities. Across the street there’s a bank (PNB Paribas) with ATM. We can only accept cash.
– Can we book half board?
Every morning we offer our guests a royal breakfast with local products. For diner or supper there is a selection of cateries in or around Merkem. On request, we will make a reservation for you. For guests on a cycling or walking holiday we like to make an exception and, if asked beforehand, we can arrange a spaghetti or other snack.
– Can we have something to drink at the B& B? We have an honesty bar where you can drink a local beer. Coffee, thee and water is free.
– When can we have breakfast?
Breakfast is served between 8h30 and 9h30. For early birds or professionals, it’s no problem to serve breakfast at an earlier hour. Take your time to enjoy a good start of the day.
– Could we bring our dog?
Although we like animals a lot, there are no pets allowed at the B&B. Our own pets are kept in an enclosed part of the garden.
– Can we smoke at the B& B?
The whole building is a smoke-free zone. In the garden, there’s a covered terrace where you can smoke.
– Which facilities do you have for babies or small children?
For practical reasons, we don’t have any facilities for small children; neither can we add an extra bed to a specific room. Possibility (if available) to reserve nearby rooms for guests with children.
– Do you offer room service?
During your stay, we don’t enter your room. If you stay for a longer period, we can provide room service. Fresh towels are always available.
– Can bicycles and motorcycles be stored safely?
We have a locked garage for your bikes and motorcycles. Electrical bikes can be charged here. There’s also some basic equipment available to make some small repairs.
– Where can I park my car?
At the front of the rectory, we have three private parking spaces. Should you have valuable items in your car, you can always park your car securely in the walled garden. Please inform us in advance.
– Do you rent bikes?
We have 2 women’s bikes and one men’s bike, which you can rent at a rate of 8 euros per day. There are also two e-bikes available, one for men and one for women. Price is 20 euros for the first day, 15 euros for the second and 10 euros thereafter.